Updated: Sep 3
Starting a business is complicated, especially when you need to think about ideas on how to create a better user experience. To offer a quality service to your business right in the middle of 2022 or any other following year, you need to provide customers the accessibility to understand your business better through your very own website.
I will highlight ideas to help your brand expand online and provide tips to increase your website visitors.
Understanding Your New Business Website
Many small businesses fail to understand how their company needs to respond in front of their customers. Your website type will affect your brand, exposure, and sales, whether you're a professional or new to the industry.
Let me give you the first steps to understanding your business; this way, you can start to get people to get the best web experience.
Do you sell products or services?
Is it better to get leads or sales?
Do customers feel comfortable spending money on your business?
How much content do you create per day?
Does your business look professional on social media?
How easy can customers reach you?
How much have you invested into your business?
How many hours do you invest in your business per week?
One way or another, every question you see here affects how your customers interact with your business. To create the perfect website, you first need to understand what you are doing for the company and how to improve it.
Every business has a process, a way of reaching new milestones. Your company will keep evolving and adjusting to your new increasing market. I say this because you want to remember that your website can and will change over time.
You don't have to keep up with any design trends, but you want to understand how to make a functional website that customers can accept, respect, and navigate easily.
What Makes A Good Website?
A good website is one that a customer doesn't get confused with when performing the navigation. The website you're looking for will not only be simple to navigate but will need to balance the customer where it wants to be and what you need them to do.
This process may be unclear initially, especially if you have many products or services. The best thing I suggest is that when you're in the design process, make your homepage focus more on gathering leads by offering discounts and a single section highlighting your best product or service.
Be completely accessible to customers. One of the best ways to design your website is to let customers know how to find you super easy, don't be shy because it will cost you.
Make sure your website is designed to be easy to read. Try not to use fancy wording; remember that customers are trying to enjoy your website, not go to law school.
Going with this, make sure you pick a font that's easy to read; I understand that sometimes you may find some fonts exotic, but it's not about you; it is about how you give visitors a beautiful, enjoyable website.
Some of the other best practices for making a good website:
Use colors so that customers don't have to strain their eyes.
Don't use too much animation, or avoid it completely.
Don't be invasive with pop-ups.
Design Elements That Will Create Interaction
If you're looking for a website that converts, you need to create calls to action that fits your business. Having customers react to your content is the basic principle of digital marketing, so be ready to start learning because if you want to create a website that attracts customers, you will need to start writing some notes.
One of the best things you can do for your business is to display your contact number. Even if you're a new website, users understand that you are open to talking to them, making them feel even more comfortable when making a purchase. This plays a key role in boosting your sales.
Also, make your website chat-friendly; as you're trying to engage with different types of customers, some are shy to call and prefer to send you a written message. That's why when you have a professional web designer making your page design, ensure to include a chatbot for your users.
Design Tips to Help You Boost Sales
It's fantastic to sit down and have creative website design ideas for your business, but you'll soon find that making web pages is more than just having a design inspiration. You will need to think also about making your small business website user-friendly.
That's why we hope with this section; you can get some ideas that will make you have a beautiful website and a great web design that's user-friendly and functional to boost your ROI.
Let's start hacking search engines!
1. Make sure you optimize files to lower their storage capacity. The first thing you want is a responsive web design, right? That's why when you upload files to your systems for users to download or regular images that will display on your website, make sure to compress them to optimize page speed when the customer enters your website.
2. Don't use too many animations, if any. This happens especially on eCommerce websites; small business owners tend to get web design ideas that seem good but, in reality, are harming their business.
The same as the first reason about image capacity, the more heavy content you have, the less the user may experience. Having any type of animated content, even fading letters, may provoke many of your users not even see the animation, therefore not understanding what you're trying to sell or say.
Remember that you have customers from all levels and different budgets for phones, internet plans, etc. That's why you want to make their web navigation as smooth as possible. Web design is tricky, but it will help you greatly when done properly.
But, if you still decide on animations, providing the user with visual feedback in response to their actions on your website is one of the ways animations can be used on a website.
Hint: Scrolling is one of the most understated types of user interaction. Web designers are developing innovative ways to enhance the visual feedback that end users receive. These methods include everything from multidirectional page transitions to animated drawings.
3. Don't put too much-written content. This part is controversial, but I will give you my perspective on why this is bad and what you should do instead. Don't get me wrong; it's awesome making fresh and creative content; search engines love that! But give me a minute to explain.
The problem is you want your website to fit your customer's needs of buying whatever it is that you sell, and people usually don't read too much of anything.
Whether you decide to design your website or hire a professional website designer, make sure you create short content with targeted keywords optimized so that the customer can understand your message quickly.
Then I would create daily blog posts about your services or the industry you serve. Get inspired, dominate your keywords, and create a web presence; this way, you won't have to invade your customer's space when navigating your website.
4. Be careful with font placement. Having too many types of fonts will hurt your website. Remember that on the back end of your web page, you have the code that translates everything your customers see, and more coding means less speed, and less speed means that you will create a poor user experience. I recommend not putting more than two styles of letters on your site.
5. Make pricing easy to find. I will try to stress this with caps, DON'T HIDE YOUR PRICINGS. The competition can still find out about your prices by requesting them, and your potential customers will get frustrated because they came to your site to find a block wall of "request a quote."
Yes, I can understand that some businesses can't display pricing because their service may differ from one customer to the other. If this is the case, one of the best ways to bypass that unique situation is to put something like "From $5.00" or something like "We start at $10.00".
6. Use Pop-ups when needed. Use pop-ups sparingly and only when they offer something of value, such as a discount or coupon, but don't show it within the first 25 seconds of your customer seeing your website. You can also use exit intent pop-ups to offer something to customers who are about to leave your site.
7. The first view is the first pitch. What is the first thing your user sees when entering your website? Remember that first impressions count, so create or have your designer structure something your customer will love to see or try out.
8. Navigation menus that make an impact. Making your website visually appealing and functional with a simple navigation menu makes the difference. A simple navigation menu can help make your website more user-friendly and increase its chances of success. Individuals will spend the first minute trying to understand your menu; make sure it doesn't confuse them.
I suggest getting feedback from your family and friends and letting them explore your website. Ask them not to force themselves into understanding it. Feedback is one of the best ways to improve your website's menu.
Website Design Ideas That Will Blow You Away
I always say that being unique is getting out of your comfort zone; that's why I don't believe in default website templates. As a marketing agency, we love to make not only a responsive website but a beautiful website that creates an everlasting customer experience. We found some projects that you may find astonishing; we hope to make a website for your business soon enough 😉.
I will say this: on these websites, you will see lots of animations, different kinds of fonts, and breathtaking styles. You may be thinking that everything you will see here minimizes web speed.
You need to consider that when you create a website, there are many ways to show content without hurting the experience your customer seeks too much.
Also, some niches these businesses serve are very limited, making their customers much more susceptible to buying their products or services. I haven't even elaborated on the servers; they may pay their web hosting company a premium plan to process data faster.
In the short version, as a small business owner, start the right way and work your way to developing your website better as you gain more revenue.
2022 Is The Year Of Creating A New Website
We showed you some design examples, how to implement elements effectively, and much more. This year is arguably the most profitable business because more people buy online.
The increase in online sales is due to the convenience and variety that online shopping offers. Consumers can find what they want with just a few clicks, and businesses can reach a larger audience with their products and services.
With more people shopping online, companies have the opportunity to make more sales and increase their profits.
Web design is not an easy task, but you can come up with any sort of web design inspiration by exploring online. Although I suggest not copying and pasting your competition's design structure, you want to understand how they created their eCommerce website and the design trends they follow and then design your homepage page accordingly.
Web pages give a unique user experience connected with you and your product by allowing people to interact with a facet of your personality. Marketing techniques are the best practices for turning website visitors into potential clients and establishing your online presence. Key success factors include:
Selecting best practices for high-quality web page design.
Being aware of your target audience.
Communicating your beliefs.